Saturday, August 14, 2010

August 12, 2010

Today was a full day at sea. The day started off well with a sleep in until 7:30 a.m. The morning started out with multiple iceberg sightings, presentations, and meetings. We had a workshop before lunch, of which I attended the song workshop with Remy. The group of us sang songs and eventually wrote a song about climate change to the tune of “This Land Is Your Land”. Our second Pod meeting took place after lunch where most of it was spent planning a performance for the briefing tonight. As our name is the IPODs our group decided to do an evolution of the IPOD. It was very creative and involved props and music (which was nice because I think most are music deprived). The presentation tonight of the entire pods skits were very funny.



I would also like to mention that today being a full day at sea I found myself a little home sick and would just like to let people back home know that I was thinking about them today. I can’t wait to share my adventures with you.



However I am told that there are brilliant northern Lights off the port side right now so I must leave and take a look.

1 comment:

  1. Northern lights off the port side hey! Thats's just awesome! Soak it up my dear cuz soon enough you'll be back @ the books. Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories :)

    ps. you are now obligated to sing your climate change song once you get back ;)

    ReplyDelete